ProteoRed-ISCIII, integrates 22 laboratories in a networked proteomics initiative within the Biomolecular and Bioinformatics Resources Platform (PRB2) of the Spanish National Institutes of Health ISCIII. The mission of ProteoRed is to consolidate and maintain a competitive proteomics technological resource to provide a service of excellence to academic and industrial partners.
ProteoRed general aim is to contribute to the design and development of projects in the biotechnology and biomedicine areas to establish new concepts in biology, to identify new diagnostic and therapeutic targets to promote the development of new biopharmaceutical products and to dissect the mechanism of action of drugs and their selective effects in specific individuals.
Specific objectives of ProteoRed are:
- Provide competitive technological services in proteomics to the scientific community and, specifically, to the National Health Service.
- Incorporate international standards to its workflows.
- Continuous update of the service portfolio incorporating new state of the art technology and analytical procedures.
- Lead the Spanish participation in international projects including the Human Proteome Project (HPP).
- Offer continuous training to its staff.
- Promote dissemination and educational activities for the whole scientific community and the society in general.
- Enhance the internationalization of its activities.